Handbook of Coal Analysis
This book contains all the guidance needed to test coal and analyze the results.
By James G. Speight
Published by John Wiley & Sons
This product is in stock.
- Members: $175.00 USD
- Students: $175.00 USD
- Non-members: $175.00 USD
Members & Students may LOG IN
to receive discounted pricing.
With the skyrocketing costs of most fuel sources, government, industry, and consumers are taking a greater interest in coal--an abundant and inexpensive alternative, which has been made more environmentally friendly through new technology.
Published in response to this renewed interest, Handbook of Coal Analysis provides readers with everything they need to know about testing and analyzing coal. It also explains the meaning of test results and how these results can predict coal behavior and its corresponding environmental impact during use.
The thorough coverage of coal analysis includes:
- Detailed presentation of necessary standard tests and procedures
- Explanation of coal behavior relative to its usage alongside the corresponding environmental issues
- Coverage of nomenclature, terminology, sampling, and accuracy and precision of analysis
- Step-by-step test method protocols for proximate analysis, ultimate analysis, mineral matter, physical and electrical properties, thermal properties, mechanical properties, spectroscopic properties, and solvent properties
- Emphasis on relevant American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards and test methods, including corresponding International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and British Standards Institution (BSI) test method numbers
To assist readers in understanding the material, a glossary of terms is provided.
This is an essential reference for engineers in the coal industry who are looking to coal as a means to decrease dependence on foreign oil sources and devise more efficient, cleaner methods of energy production.