- Applications must be received by July 1.
- All Sections who wish to be considered must be in good standing with SME Headquarters.
- Have submitted their financial statement by the November deadline, annually.
- Section leadership updates reported to SME, annually; all Section leadership (including officers, Board Members, Executive Committee members, etc.) must be members of SME.
- Each project must be submitted on a separate application.
- Project timeframes may not exceed 24 months.
- Sections may be asked to provide two status reports, one at mid-project and a final report upon completion.
- The requested grant amount may not be more than 80% of the funding needed for a proposed project; the section must fund a minimum 20% of their project.
- July 1 - Grant applications due.
- Applications are reviewed and selected by the grant selection committee.
- September – Selection committee recommendations approved at the SME Midyear Meeting by the SME Board of Directors.
- October - Applicants will be notified and funds sent.