Professional Section Grants Application

The purpose of the Section Grant program is to support SME Sections, and by extension, the industry. Grant applications can include, but are not limited to, production of outreach material, professional development products and services, and educational programs.

  • All Sections who wish to be considered must be in good standing with SME Headquarters.

  • Applications must be received by July 1.

  • Applications are reviewed and selected by the Grant Selection Committee.

  • Each project must be submitted on a separate application.

  • Project timeframes may not exceed 24 months.

  • Sections may be asked to provide two status reports, one at mid-project and a final report upon completion.

For additional information about SME Section Grants, please review the SME Section Grants Guidelines.


Section Information

Section Status


(e.g. 8/1/2018 – 7/31/2019)

Grant Proposal Information

Enter the estimated start date of your project, e.g. 8/1/2018

Enter the estimated end date of your project, e.g. 9/1/2018

Address to mail grant check, if approved

Additional Questions

Including partnerships forged through this project.

Please be specific – instead of stating “$1,000 is requested for section outreach.”, specify that “$1,000 is requested for outreach, including $500 to purchase a display for a booth, $350 to purchase MEC materials to hand out, and $150 to reserve the booth space.

SME may fund up to 80% of this project. How will your Section fund the remaining 20%? If SME is only able to fund a smaller percentage of this project, how will you fund the remaining?

Local Section and Student Chapter SearchLooking for a Professional Section or Student Chapter near you? Search SME Professional Sections and Student Chapters using your country, state, and zip code. Use the radius search to find sections or chapters closest to you based on your zip code.
Search For
Search By
View All Local Sections and Student Chapters