The Membership Challenge of 2022 is a recruitment contest between student chapters occurring June 1 to October 1, 2022. This contest challenges student members to recruit new students to join the student chapter and become SME members.
The Challenge dates are June 1 to October 1, 2022. Winners will be notified by December 30, 2022 and recognized in Mining Engineering magazine in April 2023.
Winners will be recognized with a monetary award, an article in Mining Engineering and mentioned at the MINEXCHANGE SME Annual Conference & Expo.
Cash awards are:
USD $300 – the Student Chapter with the highest number of NEW MEMBERS
USD $200– the Student Chapter with the 2nd highest number of NEW MEMBERS
USD $100– the Student Chapter with the 3rd highest number of NEW MEMBERS
Rules and Procedures:
- Only new member recruits will count toward the chapter growth.
- A chapter must have 10 active members and recruit at least 10 new members to be eligible for the challenge.
- The Student Chapter can submit the applications each week of the contest to SME.
- Applications will be processed as quickly as possible.
- SME will provide a recap sheet that you can use to submit your applications each week.
- A chapter cannot win in more than one category.
- Payments must be submitted with applications.
- Applications and payments postmarked after October 1, 2022 will not be eligible for the contest.
A Grand Prize of USD $400 will be awarded to the student chapter with the highest total of renewals and new members signed up from June 1 through October 1, 2022. Any chapter that recruits 25 or more new members will be awarded a bonus of USD $250 for their efforts!
The application review process takes up to two weeks so students are encouraged to apply early. It is also extremely important that students fill out the application completely – supplying date of birth, majors, expected graduation date, address and email address.
If you have any questions please contact the SME Education Coordinator at 303-948-4227 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.