- Change the public perception of mining.
- Enhance SME member engagement.
- Provide professional development opportunities for Section members.
- Grants will support projects developed and executed by SME Sections.
- Grants will not be awarded for donations to third parties.
- Section grants are intended to fund specific, one-time projects; they are not to be used to fund general or on-going section expenses such as speaker fees, meeting fees, student attendance, scholarships, etc.
- Applications are reviewed and selected by the Grant Selection Committee.
Grant Proposal Ideas/Examples:
- Educational outreach material.
- Seed money for development of local professional development conferences.
- Science, engineering or mining programs at local K-12 schools.
- Collaborative projects with local organizations, such as Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts, focusing on science or mining education.
- Career-focused field trips for local mining students.
SME Section Leadership, submit your application for an SME Section grant.