• Join a growing professional network in SME.
• Represent and encourage a critical demographic in our society.
• Develop and promote professional development activities and content.
• Support students and student chapters entering the industry as young professionals.
• Gather and share technical information.
• Foster longterm SME engagement.
• Engage the mining industry and local communities
Each year, energetic young professionals who have demonstrated leadership abilities and the desire to become more involved with SME join the YLC. Members of the YLC serve a term of four years and work with other members of the committee to develop critical components of SME and the YLC. Applications are open to all members of SME who are 35 years of age or younger and meet at least five of the leadership criteria listed on the application form.
Upcoming Happy Hours
Have a question or comment for the Young Leaders Committee?