Theme: Tools for the TradeDeadline: Sunday, January 16, 2022
About the Theme
This year's theme is "Tools for the Trade”. What tools do you use to successfully complete your job on a daily basis? We want to see it all! Show us your trusted work boots, your hand tools, the playlist you listen to every day on your commute – anything you use to get you through a hard days’ work!
What are your must-have Tools for the Trade?
Here are a few other ideas to get you started:
- Bluetooth devices
- Cutting-edge equipment
- Drills, plows, trenchers, hammers, heavy machinery & the individual parts & pieces that make up each
- Hardhats, gloves, boots, vests, masks & other PPE
- Headlamps, hanging lamps, flood lamps
- Remote controls
- Tried-and-true equipment
- Mine team members
This is your chance to share your images with others and give the public an inside view of the mining industry!
- First Place – $500 and 1 year of SME Membership.
- Second Place – $250 and 1 year of SME Membership.
- Third Place – $100 and 1 year of SME Membership.
- Honorable mentions – Super cool SME schwag!
- This contest is open to anyone in the Mining Industry. (Sorry, no employees of SME or their immediate families qualify!)
- Any level of photographer may enter as long as they do not receive a major part of their income from photography.
- Only three images may be submitted per person. Most recent entry will be used if you submit more than once.
- Image cropping is allowed and any aspect ratio is permitted. Photos may be enhanced or altered to remove spots, changing exposure, sharpening, changing contrast and adjusting the color to be more natural. Composite images are not allowed.
- Entries will only be accepted through the website starting Thursday, December 2, 2021 through Sunday, January 16, 2022. No mailed or emailed entries will be allowed. Only .jpg formatted images will be accepted. Image size must be at least 8x10 at 300dpi, but not larger than 5mb.
- Your entry in the contest constitutes your agreement to allow your photographs and your name (where room allows) to be published in our magazines, on our websites and for promotions including, but not limited to: exhibit displays, online photos for web pages, meeting icons, brochures and membership pamphlets. Photographers retain the copyright to their photographs.
- By entering, participants warrant that his or her entry materials are original, do not infringe on any third party's rights, and that participant has obtained any necessary permissions from any third party if a third party or third party's property appears in the photograph. SME reserves the right to disqualify any entry if it finds in its sole discretion that any of the foregoing warranties are not true. Photographs deemed inappropriate will be disqualified. Decisions of SME shall be final and binding.
- Images may not be published by other companies, websites or used in printed materials until May of the year following the contest.
- SME is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the SME, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of submissions to the SME, including but not limited to any misprints or typographical errors. SME assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. SME is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, servers, providers, computer on-line systems, software, or failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, including injury or damage to participant's or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or uploading images or information to the SME.
- By participating in the contest, you agree to release and hold harmless SME and its employees, officers, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this contest, including infringement of intellectual property rights. SME and its employees, officers, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies assume no responsibility or liability for any damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind arising in whole or in part from this contest.
You will need a photographic release form filled out by any person in your photographs or by a property owner, so please download the appropriate form below and retain for your records.
All winning images and honorable mentions will be displayed in the online gallery with photo credit. Images may also appear in future issues of Mining Engineering and on the SME websites to promote future events.
*All prizes subject to availability. Please contact Glory Rohde if you need any assistance.