The Environmental Division (ED) of SME holds a student poster contest as a way to encourage and foster the next generation of geologists, geological engineers, environmental engineers and environmental scientists, and to support the students’ academic achievements. Students submit their abstracts via email, and then display their posters at the Division Luncheon held during the SME MINEXCHANGE Annual Conference & Expo.
2023 ED Student Poster Contest
The ED welcomes both graduate and undergraduate participants from a diversity of universities to take part during the 2023 Student Poster Contest in conjunction with the 2023 SME MINEXCHANGE Annual Conference & Expo in Denver, CO. Please download the full Guidelines from the link found below.
Prizes are $1,000 for 1st, $500 for 2nd, and $250 for 3rd.
- There will be one level of judging: graduate students and undergraduate students. However, consideration will be given to experience and level of education in regards to the subject matter.
- Two phases of judging will occur: abstracts and poster presentations.
- Prizes for each level: $1,000 for 1st; $500 for 2nd; and $250 for 3rd. Each poster submission will receive a complimentary ticket to the ED Luncheon. Luncheon tickets will be for the author only.
- Participants will submit a 1-page abstract by January 31, 2023 to Amar R. Patel at APatel@barr.com.
- Poster presentations will be the morning of Tuesday, February 28, 2023. Each student will have 5 minutes to explain their research to a panel of judges.
- Judging will focus on the quality of abstracts, posters and presentation.
- Winners will be announced during the ED Luncheon.