- Mining Engineering — Stay current on the latest technical advances in the industry with a complimentary subscription to SME's monthly technical magazine.
- Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration — Full complimentary online access to the peer-reviewed technical papers of SME's MME journal as well as archived papers of the Minerals & Metallurgical Processing journal.
- OneMine.org — Full access to our Global Mining and Minerals Library: OneMine.org. Search thousands of articles, technical papers, books and other documents from industry societies worldwide.
- SME Annual Conference & Expo — Network and learn at the industry's premier event. Participate in activities like: the mentor program; Student Forum; career planning workshop; technical sessions and exhibit. Reduced student member registration fees.
- Membership Directory — A comprehensive list of members, representing your peers in the mining and minerals industries. Available online here on the SME website.
- Leadership Opportunities — Get involved early through SME Student Chapters or the Young Leaders Program.
- Scholarships — If you're passionate about pursing a career in the mining and minerals industry, search the scholarship and grant listing.
- Local Section and Division Membership — Network with industry professionals and specialized technical support for your interests.
- Discounted Books and Publications — Discounted student prices available. All the best reference and technical publications in the world.
- SME Career Center: Online Job Search — Search for job and internship listings around the world and post your resume.
- Student Membership Contest — Sign up new members to earn a trip to the SME Annual Conference.
- Graduation Gift — Upon graduation you can apply for 1 year FREE SME Associate Membership.
- Personal and Financial Benefits — Life and Medical Insurance, Liability Insurance and much more!
Join Now, or download the application PDF, complete and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
English Membership Application
Spanish Membership Application
French Membership Application
Please review these Student Member Qualifications prior to applying.
A person eligible for election to the class of Student Member must be:
- A full-time college undergraduate or graduate student in good standing.
- A Professional Member who subsequently returns to school for an additional degree cannot become a Student Member.
- All Student Members must be nominated by an existing Member.
- Reinstatement is NOT applicable to students.
Questions about membership?
Call the Member Relations Team at 800-598-7704 (720-828-6896 in Denver, CO) or email email@example.com.